Monday, August 13, 2007

Week two..

Another week begins. This past weekend was a "hoot". Saturday I joined Trish, Tom and boys for the "measuring" for the big wedding of Tom's nephew , Brian, coming up in September. Patrick is Brian's Godson so will join his bride, Alyssa's, nephew (her Godson) as ring "bears". At least that is what Patrick thinks he is going to be. Well...this little "bear" will be dressed as a penguin as requested by the bride and groom. He was measured (is this picture GREAT or what?)...and as the wedding is next to black tie, William and Tom also were measured for tuxes. Then Maggie (Tim's girlfriend) and I took Trish shopping for her "tuxedo".We found a beautiful tea length black lightly beaded jerseyish flowy dress with a jacket. The family will be a handsome group to say the least.
Trish had invited me to go along to the wedding in DC, stay at the Ritz with them, and act as the boys' nanny so she and Tom could go back and forth to the reception and I could tuck the boys in. But I got bumped.....by the "White House Nannies"(truly). The reception is being held at the Ritz Carlton. The bride's family has rented a special room for the children in attendance with nannys, video games, special activities for them and their own meals served in the room. They are welcome to come and go from the reception hall if they so desire. I think there are 350 people invited.... a really top drawer affair. I wish I were a little mouse in the corner. I asked Trish if I could strap one of those spy cameras on her head ....but she said no.
Bill was having a bad day on Sunday, and I was too tired to do anything anyway...so we basically lazed around. Monday...today...to the lab for blood tests for Bill. Then we went to a movie...."Bourne Ultimatum". It must be a generation thing. The movie was pretty good....but all that bouncing around and zipping to and fro of the camera. I get a headache and blurred vision. I just think it would be easier to know what was going on and who was punching whom and who was chasing whom...etc. etc. etc. if they steadied the cameras a little. Go see it and tell me what you think.
It's late....more later. XO...L

3 comments:

Trish said...

Good going! you figured it out! Now I am going to point Rollie here! Trish

Rollie said...

Rollie is here :)

Trish said...

where is Deena...I sent her tooooooo